Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Beirut Office
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is a German political foundation affiliated with the German party “Die Linke” (The Left Party). RLS is a provider of civic education and a centre for progressive social research. RLS Beirut Office opened its doors in May 2017 and is working in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Saudi-Arabia and Iran.
The RLS Beirut Office is currently looking for a consultant to conduct the mapping of topics and actors related to oppositional politics and activism in Iran.
The mapping will especially look at:
- Important Actors dealing with Iranian politics and who are either inside or outside Iran. The actors can be political or social activists, politically engaged researchers, or artists.
- Topics of Iranian politics that these actors address, denounce and demand to change.
- Websites and journals in Persian, English and German addressing oppositional politics and activism in Iran
Time frame: 3 months (extendable)
Starting Date: 15/03/2020
Job Description of the position:
- Coordinate with the RLS Beirut Office on the mapping and report biweekly on the progress of the mapping.
- Communicate with political actors, activists, researchers, and artists inside and outside of Iran on necessary topics.
- Document the mapping and create a database including political actors, topics as well as websites and journals.