Project Manager (Full-Time)
About Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is an internationally operating non-profit institution that has become a provider of political education and a center for progressive social research in both Germany and throughout the world. It is part of a transnational, progressive and solidary network striving for democratic and social participation and empowerment. RLS works within the tradition of workers’ and women’s movements and is affiliated with the German political party "The Left/ Die Linke".
In May 2017, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung’s Beirut Office opened its office in Beirut. The Beirut office currently works within Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq as its main countries of cooperation (in close cooperation with local partner institutions, groups, and individuals on site) and also analyzes developments in Iran, Yemen, Saudi-Arabia and Qatar.
RLS Beirut Office now seeks for a Project Manager with a thematic focus on “Political Economy”. The detailed information for the vacancy are as followed:
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
The project manager is responsible for the planning, coordinating and monitoring of projects related to the program of the RLS Beirut Office with a special focus on the thematic field of “Political Economy”.
Among the tasks are:
- Designing, organizing, monitoring and evaluation of projects with a focus on political economy in the respective program countries
- Implementation and coordination of activities, either RLS own activities or in close cooperation with the partners of RLS
- Overseeing programs financially, including budget monitoring and reporting of activities and projects
- Contribute to RLS analytical and public relation work, especially in the field of political economy
- Review and support of external communication (research articles, publications, etc.) for a wider audience and for the office as well as internal communication and project reporting
- Identifying new partners and building strong working relationships with them
- Taking part in planning and impact assessment processes
- Representing RLS at events, meetings and conferences to key stakeholders and partner organization
- Support the overall performance and further development of RLS office in Beirut in cooperation with the team and the regional director
B. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-graduate degree in social science or a related field
- Good analytical and factual understanding of regional politics (especially Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, but also Yemen, Saudi-Arabia, Qatar and Iran), with a focus on political economy
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in project management
- Experience in conceptualizing, implementing and documenting workshops, round-tables, and similar events
- Working experience with research institutions or NGOs in the region
- Sharing the understandings and values of RLS
- Willingness to travel
- Convenience in working in an international setting
- Ability to work in a small team, conduct tasks independently and professionally
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic, German is an asset, ability to write high standard papers in English and Arabic
- Highly motivated, highly communicative and creative, well-organized
C. AGREEMENT & DURATION
Type of agreement: Full time Agreement with an agreed salary.
Duration: Expected as of the 1st of July 2021 with a 3-month probation period once started.
Date of announcement: 20 May 2021
Interested people please submit your application including most updated qualifications, motivation letter and curriculum vitae. Application should be sent via email to email@example.com, latest by 6:00PM of 15th June 2021.